Negligent Security Cases: Justice For Victims Harmed At Businesses In Dangerous Areas

Consider this situation. A person is permitted to enter another’s property. He is injured by another person whose harmful acts were foreseeable to the property owner that failed to take adequate security precautions. What rights does the victim have in a civil case? The victim may have a negligent security case. These cases are usually connected with crime on a business’s property in an area with high crime

Here are a few examples of possible negligent security cases. A criminal sexually assaults a tenant at the tenant’s apartment complex with prior similar episodes of criminal activity. A customer is shot at a convenience store with a history of nearby shootings. A bar customer was injured by another customer with known dangerous characteristics — a customer whom the bar employees permitted enter the premises. Although these examples involve the criminal acts, negligent security cases can also occur when a business or owner fails to implement adequate precautions to prevent a dangerous employee from harming a coworker. They key is that at least one employee had knowledge of danger but did not take adequate safety measures to prevent it.

In any event, your lawyer will want to examine several things to determine if you have a good negligent security case. A few of these things include the:

•business’s location;

•crime on or around it;

•security provided in the area and advertised by the business; and

•need for security and amount of resources committed to meeting such requirements.

Negligent security cases get complex very quickly. Important issues in these cases like whether the person who caused the harm or the business owner are 50% or more responsible require special knowledge. Thus, it is important to quickly consult a lawyer familiar with these cases who can point you in the right direction. If you or a relative have been harmed near a business with inadequate security in a high crime area, The Mance Law Group can help you. For more information, call 912.574.4LAW (4529).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.