THE SAVANNAH TRIBUNE
The Savannah Tribune, a pioneer among weekly newspapers, is one of the oldest African-American-owned and operated publications in America. Originally founded in 1875 as The Colored Tribune by Louis B. Toomer, Sr., Louis M. Pleasant and Managing Editor, John H. DeVeaux, The Savannah Tribune was in continuous publication until 1960 under subsequent owners, Sol C. Johnson followed by Wila Ayers Johnson. This Savannah icon was revived in 1973 by Robert E. James, husband of the current publisher, Shirley Barber James. True to its legacy, The Savannah Tribune, through quality news coverage and state-of-the-art production, continues to serve as the medium of communication and instruction, as well as the journal which primarily chronicles the contemporary and historical life and activities of African-Americans in Savannah, Coastal Georgia and throughout the United States.
1805 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Savannah, Georgia 31401
Ph. (912) 233-6128 FAX (912) 233-6140
The Savannah Tribune, Inc.
Vice President/Advertising Director
Senior Graphic Designer
|A. Camille James||Rachelle J. Gregory|
|Education Editor||Staff Writer|
|Zyon D. Smiley||Frederick D.Gregory|
|Staff Writer||Staff Writer|
Published weekly by The Savannah Tribune, Inc.
Deadlines for news releases and advertisements:
Fridays 12:00 noon
The opinions expressed in this publication are
not necessarily those of the publisher.
Third class postage paid at Savannah, Georgia
National Newspaper Publishers Association
NNPA - Washington, D.C.
All rights are reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or copied in any form or by any means, graphic, electronic or mechanical including photography, without written permission of the publisher.