SCAD Museum of Art Presents “The Art of Faith Ringgold: Story Quilts and Freedom Quests”

By | January 19, 2011

The SCAD Museum of Art presents its first major exhibition of 2011 with “The Art of Faith Ringgold: Story Quilts and Freedom Quests,” on view Jan. 31 through April 15 at the SCAD Museum of Art, 227 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. The exhibition will open with a lecture by Ringgold 7 p.m. Jan. 31 at SCAD’s Trustees Theater, 216 … Continue reading “SCAD Museum of Art Presents “The Art of Faith Ringgold: Story Quilts and Freedom Quests””

2010 SCMPD Stats Show Crime Down, Arrests Up

By | January 19, 2011

Savannah- Chatham Metropolitan Police, challenged by Police Chief Willie Lovett to reduce violent crimes by 5 percent and overall crime by 10 percent, overwhelmingly surpassed those goals while significantly increasing arrests in 2010. In Lovett’s first full year as chief, the total number of crimes decreased by 15% and violent crimes decreased by 25%. Every category was below last year: … Continue reading “2010 SCMPD Stats Show Crime Down, Arrests Up”

Local Band Among Winners of All Access Music Competition

By | January 19, 2011

The Georgia Lottery’s All Access Music Search winners were announced in a live televised special Jan. 14. The winners are: Xavier Lewis “The Antidote to R&B” of Loganville (pop/R&B); Hannah Thomas of Covington (country); KidSyc@Brandywine of Savannah (hip-hop/rap); and theKey of Macon (rock). The winners were selected by a combination of online voting and celebrity judges, including Georgia music superstars … Continue reading “Local Band Among Winners of All Access Music Competition”

18th Annual American Traditions Competition

By | January 19, 2011

The 18th Annual American Traditions Competition invites you to celebrate American music January 24-29, 2011 at the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Ascension, 120 Bull Street and Lucas Theatre, 32 Abercorn St. The American Traditions Competition is committed to offering a quality national singing competition that celebrates the very best of American music. For more information, contact (912) 660- 1667, … Continue reading “18th Annual American Traditions Competition”

Sigma Tau Chapter, AKA Sorority, Inc. Celebrates Founders’ Day

By | January 19, 2011

Sigma Tau Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated on Armstrong Atlantic State University’s campus, cordially invites the community to their Annual Founders’ Day Celebration. The observance will be held on Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. in University Hall, room 157 on the campus. The speaker will be Ms. Charletta Wilson Jacks, International Membership Chairman for Alpha Kappa … Continue reading “Sigma Tau Chapter, AKA Sorority, Inc. Celebrates Founders’ Day”

Ralph Mark Gilbert Museum to Receive “Cool Roof”

By | January 19, 2011

Boston coatings manufacturer EPOX-Z Corporation and Chatham County are partnering to put a new face on the roof of the Ralph Mark Gilbert Civil Rights Museum – Georgia’s Official Civil Rights Museum. EPOX-Z, which manufactures technologically superior high performance industrial coatings and energy efficient roof coatings nationally and internationally, has agreed to donate the materials to the museum and Chatham … Continue reading “Ralph Mark Gilbert Museum to Receive “Cool Roof””

Raven Dean is the Superintendent’s Student of the Month

By | January 19, 2011

The Superintendent’s Student of the Month is Raven Dean. Raven is a seventhgrade student at Isle of Hope K-8 School. Raven is best described as a student on the move to achieve success. According to teacher Leslie Nissen, Raven’s attitude in addition to her academic achievement, set her apart from many others. “She is unique among the world of gifted … Continue reading “Raven Dean is the Superintendent’s Student of the Month”

SBAC Lender’s League “Lends” a Helping to Local Worthwhile Organizations

By | January 19, 2011

The SBAC’s Lenders League Networking group gathered for a special end of the year meeting at Meddin Studios – “Lights, Camera, Auction!” on December 15, 2010. The Community Health Mission and Greenbriar Children’s Center were the selected beneficiaries of this event. The SBAC was proud to announce that this first annual event raised $550 to benefit each of the charities. … Continue reading “SBAC Lender’s League “Lends” a Helping to Local Worthwhile Organizations”

Health Restoration All About Blending

By | January 19, 2011

Blending is a great way to quickly get more raw food into your daily eating plan. Rushing out the door in the mornings, or, you don’t like to eat breakfast? This is the perfect solution. Wash your fruits and veggies, keep in the fridge. Put them into the blender for 1-2 minuets. Pour into your favorite travel mug, and you … Continue reading “Health Restoration All About Blending”

A Fun and Innovative Way to Exercise

By | January 19, 2011

What can you expect from Pole Dance Class? Our dance classes are for the everyday women who would like to learn the art of pole dancing. Beginners Pole Dance teaches a variety of basic pole dance moves and spins. A participant should be able to dance a full routine by the end of 4 beginner pole dance classes. If you … Continue reading “A Fun and Innovative Way to Exercise”